Welcome to the Mind Your Own Business Podcast! Today we chat with portrait photographer Brent Watkins!
- How Brent got started as a photographer
- The importance of staying up-to-date on the latest techniques despite being in business for decades
- The importance of giving your client a great experience during their photo session
- Seeing things through your client's eyes
- Trusting your own pricing, and being able to expertly (and honestly!) guide your client during sales sessions
- Realizing that you are in the business of selling MORE than prints. You're selling the experience as well.
- Maintaining contact and being accessible to your clients
- Being genuine with your clients
- The importance of education, and how it's the key to longevity
- The key difference between successful photographers and photographer that constantly struggle with their businesses
- Pricing tips that can make or break your business
- Determining who your ideal clients are
- The best advice Brent received, and how it changed his business
Check it out!
The Ohio PPA's convention is coming up March 23-24, 2019. Learn more here.
You can find Brent at:
- Sylvart.com: Brent's portfolio website
- Twitter and Facebook: @BrentWatkins
Have suggestions on future topics you want us to cover? Email us:
Share This Podcast!
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes.