This week's podcast is a whopper... packed with information and inspiration. We have the world's most popular photo instructor, Scott Kelby to share tips and news. Then Rich Harrington and Chase Reynolds explore new gear from Nikon and Sony. Lastly Levi Sim sits down with portrait photographer and Photofocus writer Kevin Ames.
Scott Kelby is the President and CEO of KelbyOne, is also the original “Photoshop Guy”, is the Cofounder and CEO of Kelby Media Group, the editor and publisher of Photoshop User Magazine and Light It Magazine, Conference Technical Chair for the Photoshop World Conference & Expo, Training Director and instructor for KelbyOne Live Seminars, and author of a string of bestselling technology books.
Scott’s brand new book
- How teaching Photoshop and photography came about
- Favorite Gear
- Lighting talk
- The type of instructors at Photoshop World
- What kind of classes are at Photoshop World?
- What’s new at Photoshop World this year?
- The perks of attending Photoshop World
- What makes a good portfolio review?
Hot Gear Segment
Rich Harrington and Chase Reynolds of LensRentals.com to talk about some of the hottest new pieces of gear to hit the shelfs. Once a month we'll explore some of the most popular pieces of equipment. Be sure to leave questions for future shows in the comments.
- Nikon’s new D810 Camera
- Options on file size with the Nikon Cameras
- The evolution of Sony and what’s new with the A7S
- Lenses for the Sony and what’s different
- Consideration when purchasing a camera
- Travel considerations
- Perks of using lens rentals (Save 15% with Summer15 or 10% with FOCUS10).
- What kind of cameras are people actually using?
- Special deal from Lensrental
Kevin Ames is a photographer who started shooting commercial photography while attending Boise State University and working full time at Idaho Camera. His career continued as part of the first generation of videographers working for the NBC and CBS affiliated television stations in Boise. He has also written, produced, photographed and directed television commercials.
His photographs have appeared in Time, Newsweek, The Wall Street Journal and on the covers of Professional Photographer, Photoshop User, Jezebel and Atlanta Sports and Fitness magazines. He works for corporate clients including AT&T, Coca-Cola, Carter’s, Honda and Westin Hotels as well as in brochures, annual reports, websites and trade show graphics.
Levi and Kevin discuss:
Kevin's role in photo industry
Goal behind his Exposure Tactics series
Photoshop World fun
New gear from Sigma Kevin is excited about
The Red Dress project
Shooting with the Sigma 40 f1/4
Thoughts in the new Mac Pro
Editing Video with Lightroom and Photoshop
Get the most from Adobe Camera Raw
Where to you find Kevin
Follow Kevin on Twitter — twitter.com/AmesPhoto