This week we catch up with two great photographers. First up is Photoshop legend and best-selling author Scott Kelby. Then we talk to street photographer and Fuji expert Valerie Jardin.
Scott Kelby is the President and CEO of KelbyOne, is also the original “Photoshop Guy”, is the Cofounder and CEO of Kelby Media Group, the editor and publisher of Photoshop User Magazine and Light It Magazine, Conference Technical Chair for the Photoshop World Conference & Expo, Training Director and instructor for KelbyOne Live Seminars, and author of a string of bestselling technology books.
Vanelli and Scott Kelby talk about
- What does Scott teach in his new tour?
- What are the classes like?
- How he prepped for his new tour?
- What is a tip from Scott’s secret sauce?
- What really makes a photograph?
- Seven point system in Lightroom
- Tips on lighting on a budget
- What goes into his Photo recipe?
- What got Scott back into Photography?
- What is a Photowalk?
- What is Scott’s go to lens?
- What does the Photowalk help to support?
- Where can you sign up for World Wide Photowalk?
- How can you support the Orphanage?
- How Scott learns and gets better at his photos?
- What is new with Scott?
- Making connections and how that helps you as a photographer
Valerie Jardin lives and breathes in pixels! Photography is more than her passion, it's an obsession, almost an addiction. When she's not shooting or writing, she spends time teaching the craft during photo workshops all over the world! She is also an official X Photographer for Fujifilm USA.
Levi Sim and Valerie Jardin discuss
- Who is Valerie Jardin?
- What does she have coming up and where is she from?
- What she challenges herself with family time?
- Does she monetize her street photography?
- Who does she shoot for?
- What is a good tip for traveling?
- What she now shoots on and why?
- Why shooting on a fixed lens is faster?
- Tips on why and how to shoot back and white
- What podcast does Valerie host?
- Where can we find Valerie?
This Post Sponsored by:
Perfectly Clear for Photoshop or Lightroom is all about saving you time so you can focus on doing what you love best. Get a free trial of the award winning plug-in here.
The HDR Learning Center. Check out new ways to use High Dynamic Range photography to make compelling images. Free tutorials and posts to get results. Produced in partnership with HDRsoft
Arizona Highways Photo Workshops. For more than 30 years, Arizona Highway Photo Workshops has been committed to helping photographers find inspiring destinations, quality education and spectacular images. Get more information (and enter our contest) at http://www.ahpw.org/FindIt/
Platypod Pro™– the world’s most compact camera support. Use it with your ballhead in place of a tripod. Click here for more info — http://bit.ly/platypodpro
Creative Cloud Photography plan. Take your best shot and make it even better with the Creative Cloud Photography plan. Get all the essential tools, including Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Photoshop, to craft incredible images every day, everywhere — whether you’re a beginner or a pro. It’s all your photography. All in one place.
lynda.com Learn photography anytime, anywhere, and at your own pace—from bite-sized tutorials to comprehensive courses. Try lynda.com free for 10 days by visiting lynda.com/Photofocus