This week we catch up with a photographer and a Lightroom expert. First Levi Sim sits down with guru and photographer Terry White to talk Lightroom, gear, gadgets, and portfolios. Then Pamela sits down with Zach Sutton to dig into his start in photography and some practical advice.
Terry White – Worldwide Design Evangelist for Adobe Systems, Inc. In his job, he leads the charge of getting customers excited and educated about Adobe Creative Cloud products and services. Terry is an Adobe Certified Expert. He has been active in the industry for over 25 years and is the founder and president of MacGroup-Detroit.
Levi and Terry discuss:
What is Terri’s role with Adobe?
What he’s an expert in?
Favorite things for photographers within Lightroom
How long has Terry been with Adobe and what he did before Adobe?
How has Adobe shaped Terry’s personal & professional work?
How does Terry approach his personal work?
You don’t have to have portfolio worthy images every time you shoot.
What gear does Terry travel with?
What is Terry’s favorite gadget that came out this past year? http://www.dxo.com/us/dxo-one
Where can you find Terry?
In this industry, the ones who want success tend to take the greatest risks in order to get there. Zach Sutton's story is just such a tale, a tale that starts with him risking everything when he packed his bags in Michigan and decided to move to Albuquerque, New Mexico. He saw potential in the small town and has since made a name for himself in the headshot and portraiture market and moved on to Los Angeles.
- What kind of photography does Zach do and his speciality within his photography?
- What gear does Zach shoot with?
- What are B1s and B2s in layman terms?
- Lighting gear talk
- What gear recommendations for those starting out without the funds to buy gear?
- You don’t need to get portfolio quality work every time
- How to get better by making mistakes?
- Get creative with lighting by making your own snoots and shadows
- What we all love about photography?
- What is Zach’s go to camera gear?
- How did Zach get started in medium format?
- What are some tips for bringing out the essence of who you are shooting?
- Where can we find Zach?
Direct download: PF_1_5_16.mp3
-- posted at: 11:00pm EST