In this renewed, reinvigorated episode of The Mind Your Own Business Podcast, Scott Bourne and Skip Cohen discuss actionable ways to improve your photography business. In this particular episode, they discuss how to distinguish yourself from the competition by providing excellent Customer Service to your clients.
Specific topics of discussion include the following:
- You donâ€™t have to be the best photographer in town, or have the highest end gear, but you can choose to build relationships with your customers.
- Itâ€™s about being nice and listening to your customers.
- You can develop a great reputation for your business even if you mess up â€“ make sure you come back and deliver great Customer Service in order to fix potentially negative situations.
- Itâ€™s how you handle your mistakes that separates you from your competition.
- When you make a mistake, admit that youâ€™re wrong without assigning blame on the customer, even if you believe they are at fault. Move on to solving the problem for them in order to make them happy with your service.
- The internet is powerful, and word (positive or negative!) about your business travels fast.
- Empathize. Remember to listen twice as much as you talk. Handle things quickly.
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We'd also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future?