Get the show here or get it on iTunes — Don't forget to post a review on iTunes.
In this renewed, reinvigorated episode of The Mind Your Own Business Podcast, Scott Bourne and Skip Cohen discuss effectively showing your work -- both online and in print -- which is one of the basic ways you can get paid as a professional photographer.
Specific topics of discussion include the following:
- Your gallery is one of your most valuable pieces of real estate on your website. Make it easy for people to find.
- Your business card is your first opportunity to show your work.
- 6x9 inch postcards with 2-3 of your best photos on it are a wonderful leave-behind tool and mailer piece.
- Very practical strategies to approach local businesses in your area to generate business. Go to where your target audience is.
- Only show your BEST of the best of your work. It should be your most impressive, "wow" work.
- Use your own images on your own holiday card as a marketing tool.
- The concept of pop-up galleries to display your work.
- You never know what opportunities will arise if you are relentless at showing your very best work.
- Using your phone to show your images is not enough.
- Adobe Portfolio is a powerful, simple way to display your images.
- On your website, make your images take top priority, and provide a way for people to get in touch with you.
- Your images have to be outstanding. It's not about quantity, but quality.
- Show work you can reproduce, not just the "lucky shots"
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We'd also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future?
Direct download: MYOB_8_high.mp3
-- posted at: 12:30am EST