On this episode of the Photofocus #Mirrorless Show Scott and Marco will discuss these new products and mirrorless topics:
- Photokina is just around the corner. It will be held from September 20th to the 25th in Cologne, Germany. Marco will be there to find out what's the latest and greatest in the photography industry. And for those who are planning on going and don't have a ticket yet: Our friends at Hahnemuehle Fine Art paper manufacturer have given Marco a few day pass tickets to give away. Listen to the episode to find out what you have to do for your chance to get a free ticket.
- The Korean lens manufacturer Samyang announced another new lens for mirrorless cameras. Their newest lens is the Samyang 35mm F1.2 ED AS UMC CS lens. It is a manual focus lens made for APS-C cameras and will be shipped for Sony E, MFT, Fujifilm X and Canon mounts. The price info has not yet been released.
- Sony has also released a FW update for their a7R II full frame mirrorless camera. The FW 3.30 update is mainly a stability improvement update but it also implements support for radio controlled lighting systems and can be downloaded from the Sony website: https://www.sony.de/support/de/product/ILCE-7RM2
- Scott shares his first impressions on all of the m43 lenses that he has recently purchased for his Panasonic Lumix GX8 camera.
- We have a Photofocus Mirrorless Flickr group that is open to our listeners and photos taken with all mirrorless camera brands. If you want to join just let us know through the "request invitation" button on the group and drop us a quick line there. We'll add you to the group then. And please ask for the invite via the web browser and not via the Flickr App. The invite process via the app has not been working reliably.
- We have picked our monthly featured photographer and image from our Photofocus Mirrorless group. The image we picked this month was taken by Nicolas Winspeare and is called "The Z"
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We would also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future? And we would appreciate if you could take a short moment to rate or to post a quick review on iTunes for us.
For more information on Scott Bourne follow him on Twitter: @ScottBourne
For more information on Marco Larousse follow him on Twitter: @HamburgCam
About this show:
On the monthly #Mirrorless episode of the Photofocus podcast, Scott and Marco will discuss the news from the mirrorless camera world related to innovations, trends, gear and accessories. And they will introduce mirrorless camera manufacturers by interviewing the respective managers of those manufacturers. And they invite pro photographers who make their living working with mirrorless cameras to share some tips and tricks on their workflow.