Scott and Marco discuss these new products and mirrorless topics on their final episode of the #Mirrorless Show at Photofocus:
- Scott and Marco host their final mirrorless show at Photofocus. They will now move on to their new Photo Podcast Network at www.PhotoPodcasts.com where the new mirrorless and inspiration podcast episodes will be produced and hosted.
- Scott just returned after hosting eagle photography workshops in Alaska for two weeks. He shares his experience with his new mirrorless Olympus OM-D E-M1 MK II in regards to capturing birds in flight in comparison to using his top of the line DSLR.
- Marco shares an update to the Fuji X-T and X-Pro line "eye cup gate" that seems to affect quite a few users.
- Olympus discontinued its lenses for the "old" Four Thirds system.
- GoPro plans to eliminate 270 jobs as part of a restructuring program.
- Nikon now wants to get serious about mirrorless cameras.
- Panasonic is planning to dismantle its digital camera division and add it to another business unit in order to streamline cost.
- Ban of electronic devices and digital cameras on some flights to the US and UK.
- We have a Photofocus Mirrorless Flickr group that is open to our listeners and photos taken with all mirrorless camera brands. If you want to join just let us know through the "request invitation" button on the group and drop us a quick line there. We'll add you to the group then. And please ask for the invite via the web browser and not via the Flickr App. The invite process via the app has not been working reliably.
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We would also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future? And we would appreciate if you could take a short moment to rate or to post a quick review on iTunes for us.
For more information on Scott Bourne follow him on Twitter: @ScottBourne
For more information on Marco Larousse follow him on Twitter: @HamburgCam
About this show:
On the monthly #Mirrorless episode of the Photofocus podcast, Scott and Marco will discuss the news from the mirrorless camera world related to innovations, trends, gear and accessories. And they will introduce mirrorless camera manufacturers by interviewing the respective managers of those manufacturers. And they invite pro photographers who make their living working with mirrorless cameras to share some tips and tricks on their workflow.