On this special "Photokina 2016" episode of the Photofocus #Mirrorless Show Scott and Marco discuss these new products and mirrorless topics:
- Marco shares his first-hand experience from the Photokina (the largest photography related trade show in the world) show floor and wrote three blog posts about it:
- Fuji announced the development of the new 50 MPix GFX medium format camera. Marco had a first hands-on and talks about his impression. And he also managed to get his hands on the soon to be released XF 50mm f2 lens.
- Marco was also fortunate enough to get a 45-minute interview with Hasselblad's product manager Ove Bengtson and talked about the new 50 MPix medium format X1D camera, the target audience and the past, present and future of Hasselblad.
- Panasonic's biggest announcement was the development of the Lumix GH5 camera, that is due around March 2017 and will most likely set the new standard in terms of 4K and 6K video recording.
- Canon and Nikon were also at Photokina, but what did they show in terms of mirrorless cameras?
- Instax cameras are also mirrorless and were a hot and much-desired item at this year's Photokina.
- Marco will be at PopUp Gulf Photo Plus in Berlin on October 29th and 30th. He was asked to interview David Hobby and Zack Arias for the Photofocus podcast during the event. And we want to turn the questions that Marco is going to ask them to our audience. Do you have a photography related question that you would like to ask David or Zack? If so, just write it in the comments section below or contact Scott or Marco directly via the links provided at the end of the show notes. And please add to whom you would like the question to be addressed to.
- We have a Photofocus Mirrorless Flickr group that is open to our listeners and photos taken with all mirrorless camera brands. If you want to join just let us know through the "request invitation" button on the group and drop us a quick line there. We'll add you to the group then. And please ask for the invite via the web browser and not via the Flickr App. The invite process via the app has not been working reliably.
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We would also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future? And we would appreciate if you could take a short moment to rate or to post a quick review on iTunes for us.
For more information on Scott Bourne follow him on Twitter: @ScottBourne
For more information on Marco Larousse follow him on Twitter: @HamburgCam
About this show:
On the monthly #Mirrorless episode of the Photofocus podcast, Scott and Marco will discuss the news from the mirrorless camera world related to innovations, trends, gear and accessories. And they will introduce mirrorless camera manufacturers by interviewing the respective managers of those manufacturers. And they invite pro photographers who make their living working with mirrorless cameras to share some tips and tricks on their workflow.