Welcome to the Mind Your Own Business Podcast! Today we chat about your holiday marketing plan, as well as planning tips for the year ahead.
- Christmas cards: Always use a photo you've taken, and always include your logo and studio information as well. In addition to it being a product you can sell to your clients. Christmas cards (or even gift baskets!) are a great way to recognize vendors that support you.
- A holiday open house: An open house is a great way to recognize your past clients, and it can be done even if you don't have a studio. Rent a space if you need to. Have fun with it!
- Utilize your blog: Post holiday tips, along with events in your community.
- Teach your clients to take better photos through workshops. It may seem counterintuitive, but teaching your clients how to take better photos of their families actually helps you stand out as THE photo expert in the circle of influence.
- Partner with organizations in your community. Start planning for the year ahead which organizations you want to work with next year. Cause-related marketing is powerful.
- Figuring out tradeshows and conventions you're planning on going to. Now is the time to start planning which conventions you want to go to next year. Conventions are a great a time to open up new opportunities, and even scout out new equipment. Arrange to have meet up with people for meals beforehand. Know what booths you want to hit. Have a followup strategy after the event, such as a "nice to meet you" email, or even a thank you card.
- Select "marketing partners" for 2019: Reach out to businesses that shares your audience. Refer work to each other. Put together a booklet of recommended vendors. For example, if you're a wedding photographer, that would be dress makers, florists, caterers, event halls, bakeries. The key is to make friends with these folks and be helpful to them. It's all about building relationships!
Have suggestions on future topics you want us to cover? Email us:
Share This Podcast!
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes.