Jan 28, 2017
Scott and Marco discuss these new products and
mirrorless topics on this episode of the Photofocus
#Mirrorless Show :
- Panasonic announced the price and availability of
the Lumix DC-GH5. It will be available
for US-$1999 at the end of March 2017 and Scott has
ordered one to compare it to His Olympus OM-D EM 1 II.
- Panasonic has also announced four updated lenses. The updated
- LUMIX G X VARIO 12-35mm F2.8 II ASPH. POWER O.I.S.
- LUMIX G X VARIO 35-100mm F2.8 II POWER O.I.S.
- LUMIX G VARIO 45-200mm F4.0-5.6 II POWER O.I.S.
- LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm F4.0-5.6 II POWER O.I.S.
- The 12-35 F2.8 II and the 35-100 F2.8 II both start shipping in
March. The 45-200 F4.0-5.6 II and the 100-300mm F4.0-5.6 start
shipping in February.
- Fujifilm also announced the fourth generation of their X100
fixed lens compact camera. The X100F has the same 24 MPix sensor
that can also be found on the X-Pro 2. It also gains more AF-Points
(increased from 49 to 91) and it also has the ISO-Dial and AF-Point
selection joystick that can also be found on the X-Pro 2. But
weather sealing, a tilting LCD or touch control screen still did
not make it into the fourth version of this camera... The X100F will cost US-$1299 or €1399.
- Marco had the opportunity to test the recently announced Leica
M10. Leica goes back to the roots with this "real rangefinder"
camera and streamlined the size, functions and button layout, while
improving the quality of the 24 MPix full frame sensor. Marco
really likes this new M10 that costs US-$6595.
- As promised, Scott shares his real world experiences after a
month and a half in the field with the Olympus OM-D EM1 II. Do all those great
specs actually work in the field to make this a serious competitor
to the big DSLR's?
- We have a Photofocus Mirrorless Flickr group that is open
to our listeners and photos taken with all mirrorless camera
brands. If you want to join just let us know through the "request
invitation" button on the group and drop us a quick line there.
We'll add you to the group then. And please ask for the invite via
the web browser and not via the Flickr App. The invite process via
the app has not been working reliably.
- We have picked our monthly featured photographer and image from
our Photofocus Mirrorless group. Our monthly Photofocus Mirrorless feature photo
and photographer of the month is: Dominick with his image "Untitled".
Please share this podcast with your friends and
subscribe via iTunes. We would also love to get your
feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show
in the future? And we would appreciate if you could take a short
moment to rate or to post a quick review on iTunes for
For more information on Scott Bourne follow him on
For more information on Marco Larousse follow him on
About this show:
On the monthly #Mirrorless episode of the Photofocus podcast,
Scott and Marco will discuss the news from the mirrorless camera
world related to innovations, trends, gear and accessories. And
they will introduce mirrorless camera manufacturers by interviewing
the respective managers of those manufacturers. And they invite pro
photographers who make their living working with mirrorless cameras
to share some tips and tricks on their workflow.