Dec 19, 2018
Welcome to Beyond Technique, a podcast empowering photographers
to bring their businesses to the next level. In today's episode we
chat with photojournalist Julie Dermansky.
- How Julie got her start in photojournalism
- The challenges of having a career in photojournalism
- some of the photographers she followed to develop her skill
- How she separates her pain of covering disasters from the
creativity of creating images
- How she makes a personal connection with the people she meets
in the field
- How to maintain your sanity while working as a
- The role personal safety plays when covering floods and other
- The role of PhotoShelter in her business, especially with
helping her get your images out to the public and staying
- Advice for photographers who want to break into
You can find Julie at:
PhotoShelter gives people and organizations easy ways to manage
their photos - from delivering, storing, selling, sharing -
all from one place. Their platform offers simple and smart
ways to share, store, deliver and sell your highest quality work.
They handle the biggest files and solve some of the biggest
business challenges for professional photographers.
Get social! Follow PhotoShelter online:
Have suggestions on future topics you want us to cover? Email
- Skip Cohen: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chamira Young: email@example.com
Share This Podcast!
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe