On this #Inspiration "vacation" episode of the Photofocus podcast Scott
discuss these topics:
- Get to know an inspirational photographer: This month Marco introduces you to the advertising and documentary photographer Elliott Erwitt (born 1928 in Paris). Elliott studied photography and filmmaking in the US and was later invited to join Magnum Photo where he became president of Magnum from 1966-1969. Elliot is a very diverse photographer and he was not only successful in the commercial advertising field, he also managed to be highly regarded in the documentary and art photography community. Elliot is also an incredible street photographer with some iconic photos of humans and dogs. Please take some time to study his diverse portfolio and see that a photographer can become a master of many different genres of photography.
- Scott and Marco share their tips and thoughts on what a photographer should focus on to be inspired during a vacation.
- Vacations are a great opportunity to also take a break from your "normal" photography. Changing and simplifying gear can not only be a stress relief, it can also by an incredible inspiration push.
- Focusing on different genres and objects from your daily photography may not only pose a welcome challenge, but it may also help you to encounter challenges outside your comfort zone that help you learn new photographic skills.
- Find out why Marco thinks that your camera can become your best buddy when travelling the world on your own. And how it can help you meet new people.
- And make the point of documenting even the ordinary moments of your vacation and upload your valuable memories to a photo book service within 7 days of your return from your vacations! Don't over process to make it too much work. Go with the vacation flow and simplify and use the jpg images. You and your loved ones will be very happy to hold a tangible book with those important images in their hands.
- Scott's photo book of the month pick is: On the iPhone by David Hume Kennerly To go along with our simplifying your photography theme of this show, this is a book of a Pulitzer Price winning photographer who captured the world with an iPhone.
Please share this podcast with your friends and subscribe via iTunes. We would also love to get your feedback. Is there anything that you want us to cover on the show in the future? And we would appreciate if you could take a short moment to rate or to post a quick review on iTunes for us.
For more information on Scott Bourne follow him on Twitter: @ScottBourne
For more information on Marco Larousse follow him on Twitter: @HamburgCam
About this show:
On the monthly #Inspiration episode of the Photofocus podcast, Scott and Marco will discuss the art, history and motivation in photography that often gets lost in today's media rich world. Slow down, look closer and put more intent into photography to increase your creativity and final results. And simply spread the pure love of photography.