Jul 15, 2015
This week's podcast catches up with a talented photographer to
learn his process and motivations. We also check in with
Kodak to learn more about printing and where things are
David Shelp from Kodak
Levi Sim talks with Dave Shelp who is the ProLab Segment
Manager at Kodak Alaris. David is responsible for Kodak's
products and strategy when it comes to professional printing labs
for the United States and Canada.
- Who is David Shelp?
- What is Kodak Alaris up to?
- Studying the consumer and photographers
- Working through the case of shoot and share photographers and
- Working on a sustainable photography business
- The Value of bringing Print and Digital together
- How is a picture made?
- Differences in why you get better productions from professional
labs verses consumer labs
- Importance of having those prints.
- Why are consumers coming back to film?
- Where can you find out more about Kodak Alaris?
Motivated by the desire to be creatively challenged and overcome
impossibilities, Benjamin Von Wong has become notorious for his
epic photography. His hyper-realistic art style captures viewers in
a fusion of special effects and innovative concepts. Benjamin's
background in engineering gives him a unique edge for creative
problem solving, where technical challenges become friendly
Fueled by his passion to connect people, Benjamin has an affinity
for finding unique talent to bring his complex stories to life. He
is also highly engaged in the photographic society by sharing his
experiences and techniques through blogs, social media, workshops
- What kind of Photographer is Ben Won Wong?
- What was his latest project?
- How did Ben get involved with Photography?
- What some challenges he has overcome?
- Growing as a photographer
- What he shoots on and why?
- Thoughts on the future of DSLRs
- 3 pieces of advice for budding photographers
- Where can you find Von Wong?
- What he needs help with on his next project
This Post Sponsored by:
World. Learn more in 3 days than you have in 3
World is the leading conference for Photographers,
Photoshop and Lightroom users. August 11-13, 2015.
Arizona Highways Photo Workshops. For
more than 30 years, Arizona Highway Photo Workshops has been
committed to helping photographers find inspiring destinations,
quality education and spectacular images. Get more information (and
enter our contest) at http://www.ahpw.org/FindIt/.
Cloud Photography plan. Take your best shot and
make it even better with the Creative Cloud Photography plan. Get
all the essential tools, including Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and
Photoshop, to craft incredible images every day, everywhere —
whether you’re a beginner or a pro. It’s all your photography. All
in one place.
Photographer of the Year. Now in its ninth year,
the global competition challenges photographers to capture what
urban means to them through the theme “Cities at Work." The
competition is free to enter and open to both professional and
amateur photographers. The winner will be able to choose a
luxury photo safari from a range of exotic locations sponsored by
CBRE. For more, please visit the competition’s official website
photography anytime, anywhere, and at your own pace—from bite-sized
tutorials to comprehensive courses. Try lynda.com free for 10 days
by visiting lynda.com/Photofocus.
HDR Learning Center Check out new ways to use
High Dynamic Range photography to make compelling images. Free
tutorials and posts to get results. Produced in partnership